I’ll be joining Pirates of the Irregular Table's booth (F14-F15) at Comifuro 4 this Sunday, on 7th September 2014!
I’m going to sell these 4 different SNK tote bags above for a limited stock, so make sure to come to our booth! Also, please check this awesome Dangan Ronpa Mini Artbook: Pandora’s Box by
my friendsthe pirates that we’ll sell at the booth as well.
See you there!!! :D
[NOTE]: all posted links are english subbed, unless otherwise stated.
*i didn’t include the MV’s and BTS videos. these are only variety shows, shows and interviews
Teaser [All in one] [+]
120406 [OT12] - Debut Showcase [+] [+] [+] [+]
120411 [M] - SOHU Star Chat [+]
120412 [M] - Youku Interview [+]
120413 [M] - NetEase/ Wang Yi Interview [+]
120416 [M] - Todou Interview [+]
120420 [M] - Yinyuetai Interview [+]
120425 [M] - Music Billboard Interview [+]
120507 [K] - Sukira Kiss The Radio [+]
120607 [M] - CNTV Star Arrives Interview [+]
120609 [M] - Happy Camp [+]
120613 [M] - Ifeng Interview [+]
120622 [M] - Music High Guest [+]
120623 [K] - Kiss The Radio Concert [+]
120628 [M] - Spicy Microphone [+]
120706 [M] - Music High Live [+]
120713 [M] - Extraordinary Class [+] [+]
120716 [M] - Going All Out [+]
120719 [K] - Pops in Seoul [+]
120720 [M] - Extraordinary Class [+]
120721 [OT12] - Happy Camp 15th Years Anniversary [+]
120728 [OT12] - Mini Fanmeet in Thailand [+]
120729 [M] - China Love Big Concert [+]
120805 [M] - China Love Big Concert [+]
120809 [K] - Channel V Asian Hero [+]
120812 [M] - Sunshine Day [+]
120802 [OT12] - Fantastic Thursday [+]
120908 [K] - Asian Hero Special [+]
120910 [M] - Entertainment E Generation Radio [+]
120918 [K] - Sina Live Chat [+]
120922 [K] - True Music Asian Lover [+]
120925 [M] - MTV JKpop Music Graze [+]
121005 [K] - Top Chinese Music Interview [+]
121006 [K] - Top Chinese Music Interview [+]
130214 [M] - Top Chinese Music [+]
130530 [OT12] - Sukira Kiss The Radio [+]
130606 [OT12] - Shim Shim Ta Pa [+]
130607 [OT12] - TenCent Celebrity Interview [+]
130608 [BH] - SBS Boom’s Youngstreet Radio [+]
130613 [OT12] - After School Club Episode 9 [+]
130617 [K, SH, D.O., L, CY] - Hong Jin Kyung’s 2’o Clock Radio [+]
130621 [OT12] - Yoo In Na Volume Up Radio [+]
130626 [L, BH, D.O., CY, C] - Sukira Kiss The Radio [+] [+]
130701 [Kai, LH, C, CY, SH] - Beatles Code [+] [+] [+] [+] [+]
130706 [OT12] - Happy Camp [+]
130710 [OT12] - Weekly Idol [+]
130713 [OT12] - Younha’s Starry Night [+]
130714 [C, BH] - Sukira Kiss The Radio [+]
130715 [OT12] - KBS Arabic Interview [+]
130715 [D.O., SH] - Shim Shim Ta Pa [+]
130721 [BH, C] - Sukira Kiss The Radio [+]
130722 [SH, CY, K] - Hello Counselor [+]
130802 [OT12] - Yoo In Na Volume Up Radio [+]
130810 [OT12] - We Got Married [+]
130813 [OT12] - Sukira Kiss The Radio [+]
130814 [OT12] - Weekly Idol [+]
130820 [OT12] - Shim Shim Ta Pa [+] [+] [+]
130820 [OT12] - Midsummer Night’s Growl Naver Starcast [+]
130826 [BH, L, SH, D.O., SH] - Beatles Code [+] [+] [+]
130831 [Xiumin, Tao] - Gourmet Road [+]
130905 [K, L] - Shim Shim Ta Pa [+]
130907 [OT12] - Immortal Song [+]
130910 [OT12] - Music Interview CC [+]
130912 [Kai, XM] - Sukira Kiss The Radio [+]
130916 [BH, C] - Sukira Kiss The Radio [+]
130921 [OT12] - Immortal Song [+]
130927 [OT12] - China Love Big Concert [+]
131005 [OT12] - Immortal Song Heartthrob Special Part 1 [+]
131028 [Kai, L] - Hello Counselor [+]
131105 [K, L] - Idol True Colour [+]
131107 [Kai, SH] - Sukira Kiss The Radio [+]
131108 [Lay, XM] - Shim Shim Ta Pa [+]
131128 [OT12] - EXO’s Showtime Press Conference [+]
131208 [K, T] - Let’s Go Dream Team [+]
131209 [OT3] - Yoo In Na Volume Up Radio [+]
131211 [OT3] - Shim Shim Ta Pa [+]
131211 [OT3] - Love Game [+]
131213 [BH, D.O., C] - K.Will’s Youngstreet Radio Audio [+]
131215 [K, T] - Let’s Go Dream Team [+]
131216 [BH, D.O., C, LH] - Cultwo Show Radio [+]
131217 [LH, D.O., BH, C] - Radio Show [+]
131219 [OT12] - Mnet Open Studio
131221 [OT12] - Show Champion Backstage [+]
131227 [LH, BH, C, D.O.] - Kim Shin Young Radio [+]
131229 [OT12] - The Heirs Parody [+] [+] [+]
140109 [SH, D.O.] - Starry Night Radio [+]
140110 [Kai, BH] - Jung Jiyoung MBC Radio [+]
140110 [CY, D.O., SH] - Sukira Kiss The Radio [+]
140110 [Kai, CY] - Jang Yoonju’s Rooftop [+]
140119 [SH, BH] - A Night Like This Audio [+]
140130 [OT12] - Super Star Red And White Awards [+]
140311 [M] - Frontline Interview [+]
140315 [CY, C] - Youngstreet Radio [+]
140418 [OT12] - Overdose Comeback Special Showcase [+] [+]
140504 [M] - Entertainment Star Wolrd [+]
140522 [M] - Baidu Interview 2 [+]
140525 [OT11] - The Lost Planet Press Conference [+]
140621 [L] - Yixing MC Cute [+]
140705 [OT11] - Happy Camp [+]
EXO’s Showtime Episode 1 [+]
EXO’s Showtime Episode 2 [+]
EXO’s Showtime Episode 3 [+]
EXO’s Showtime Episode 4 [+]
EXO’s Showtime Episode 5 [+]
EXO’s Showtime Episode 6 [+]
EXO’s Showtime Episode 7 [+]
EXO’s Showtime Episode 8 [+]
EXO’s Showtime Episode 9 [+]
EXO’s Showtime Episode 10 [+]
EXO’s Showtime Episode 11 [+]
EXO’s Showtime Episode 12 [+]
10.000 Hours Documentary Cut [Kai] [+]
Law of the Jungle Episode 1 [CY] [+] [+]
Law of the Jungle Episode 2 [CY] [+]
Law of the Jungle Episode 3 [CY] [+] [+]
Law of the Jungle Episode 4 [CY] [+]
Law of the Jungle Episode 5 [CY] [+]
First Box DVD1 [OT12] [+]
First Box DVD2 [OT12] [+]
First Box DVD3 [OT12] [+]
EXO File 1 [+]
EXO File 2 [+]
EXO File 3 [+]
EXO File 4 [+]
EXO File 5 [+]
EXO File 6 [+]
EXO File 7 [+]
EXO File 8 [+]
XOXO Episode 1 [OT11] [+]
XOXO Episode 2 [OT11] [+]
XOXO Episode 3 [OT11] [+]
XOXO Episode 4 [OT11] [+]
Rommate [CY] [+]**
It’s okay, that’s love Episode [D.O] [+] or [+]
902014, Timeslip Episode 1 [K] [+]
140511 [OT12] - Overdose Comeback Showcase in Shanghai [+] [no sub]
140601 [OT12] - The Lost Planet in Hong Kong [+] [no sub]
you can also find this list here (always updated). all credits are going to the rightful owners.
** it’s tricky to find the episodes of roommate now. you should download them as soon as they are released (before they’re going to take them down).
i tried my best to find all of the shows, but still i am not sure if this is all. please inform me if there is a show missing or any link is broken. i did this just for fun (and also because i wanted to save all the links somehow and this took me sooo much time). so please have fun as well and…
DO NOT EDIT/ REPOST THIS LIST!! (i’ll find you)
Ahh yes, The dreaded school. When it comes around we all dread, new teachers, new schedule, some new unfamiliar faces, the MASSIVE amount of homework load, less time on tumblr. Here is another long post with a few sites and others to help you out here!
- Advice on college
- Alternatives to buying expensive textbooks
- AP Cram Packets
- Cheat sheet for becoming an adult
- Dorm room survival
- Free online college classes
- How to survive college masterpost
- cheap & healthy snacks
- chocolate muffin in a mug tutorial
- Coffee recipes to help stay awake
- Every Starbucks drink and pasty FTW
- For the vegans
you bad ass motherfuckers
- macaroni cheese / mac&cheese in a cup
- quick and easy soup recipes
- study snacks
- Study snack
- thousands of quick and easy snack recipes
- Yummy cheesiness!
- 40 on-the-go breakfast recipesHelpful sites:
- Challenge your brain
- Feed the hungry while using your vocabulary
- Free online textbooks
- Grade calculator
- Rape Escape
- Whole page dedicated to studying/organizing
High school needs:
- For Juniors or Seniors With Low Income Families Looking For Scholarships
- How to survive freshman year
Mental health resources:
- a website that is always relevant.
- falling asleep tips
- How long to sleep
- how to talk to and help an anxiety-ridden friend
- how to wake up in the morning
- keep taking your mind off of it
- mental illness recovery tips
- need a motivational speech? i like this one for myself.
- not having a good day? :c
- picking up a hobby can relax you during the school year!!
- seriously just please try to relax ily
- take your mind off of it
- tips on self-love
- when to go to sleep/wake up
- working out is a total stress-buster.
- download free books
- express yourself with make-up
- Hobbies masterpost
- I fucking love to study to this.
- please remember this.
- Sick ass movie list
I have more but, this is a school one so message me for more.
- Sites to help you not get distracted with other sites. (Mac)(PC)
- Various ways to where a scarf
- What’s the fucking weather
- calm/nature sounds
- chill playlist
- coffee shop blues
- coffee shop sounds
- concentration playlist
- study playlist
- 4hours of classical music
- An already typed essay at your fingertips(type the subject and press random stuff and an essay forms. TO KIND OF HELP)
- bibliography maker
- educational links fucking galore
- my favorite tutoring website
- online ruler
- pull an all nighter but do well on your exam
- Social media citing
- study like a college kid
- Time Management
- Psychology Lectures by a Professor from Yale University
- compliments generator
- how long to nap
- go to a quiet place
- learn more about anxiety.
- panic and anxiety information masterpost
- Relaxation techniques
- Stress Analyst
- the thoughts room
- take a guided relaxation
- yoga poses
- Best place to get help for English
- essay structure guide
- essay writing help
- free microsoft word alternative
- Grammar and spell checker
- Graphic Essay Organizer
- Help on reading/researching
- Make a kick ass essay
- Masterpost of writing software
- microsoft word equivalent
- more essay writing help
- On books you you don’t want to read
- Tip of my tongue
- calculators (includes graphing, geometric, stats etc)
- College/high school Chemistry notes
- math problem solver (2)
- Periodic Table
- This is the math god
- Answers to the textbook
- Beneficial studying tips
- Crash course in any subject with John Green
- Free Educational resources for anyone and everyone
- help in a ton of subjects
- Helps you in any subject
- homework help
- how to google
- how to study, Study guide
- finals survival guide
- improve your studying skills
- Learning Websites Masterpage
- Looking for a word
- make flash cards
- One of the best learning websites
- Tips before/during an exam
- Tips on Exams
- Remember that today’s day in age is different from how it was back then. So don’t stress about school too much.High school students today have the anxiety of what a mental patient in the insane asylum had in the 50s. Here’s also a thing to show how times have changed.
- Prioritize. List what needs to get done first and when. Sometimes getting the bigger/harder tasks is easier than conquering the smaller/easier tasks.
- Set times when certain projects need to be done and stick to that deadline.
- Turn your phone off or give it to your parents while doing work/studying. I know that we live in the age of technology and literally everything is at the touch of our fingertips. Honestly though you can wait on what your favorite celebrity has to say or if your crush liked your instagram photo. You’ll be more involved in that than you are into your work.
- If you have trouble in a certain subject and there is no assigned seating, take advantage of the front. I guarantee you’ll learn more.
- Ask your teacher what exactly you’ll need to know. If you’re taking notes during the year, write in the margins whether or not it will be tested. It will be easier to know what you will be tested on.
- Save your exams. Half the time your teachers use the same questions (or questions similar) from your exams on your midterms or finals.
- Don’t try to do homework straight afterschool if you can’t, despite what everyone says. Give yourself an hour, and try to get some exercise in. I find it stops me getting bored of sitting down. Not to mention helps me concentrate better.
- Don’t just read the material, write it, draw it, recite it, quiz yourself on it! Until you have the material down.
- Join clubs, sports, or organizations! You’re guaranteed to find friends in there. You’ll already have common interests. Start with that and go with the flow.
- College kids: If you don’t have assigned seating, and you have been sitting in the same seat for 2 weeks. That is you assigned seat now. Don’t move or you’ll screw everyone up and they will hate you.
- Color code things, such as your notes.
If you want to see how I color code my notes message me and I’ll be happy to show you.
- Be kind to one another.
I think that about does it. So yeah:)
And here’s why I think so.
This assuming there’s a sequel series, which, while not confirmed at this point, seems more likely than not. I’m more sure of my grasp of the thematic elements like the tarot cards and how the composition of the final chapter points to him being alive than I am about the speculated plot details. I’m open to discussion on this. Hold onto your butts, this will be a long one:
- I believe that while Kaneki’s kakuhou (or one of them at least) was turned into a quinque, Kaneki himself likely isn’t dead, and is probably in Kokuria. (I know Itori said he wasn’t, I’ll address that a few bullet points down.)
- It has been long suspected that Arata—who has blatant parallels with Kaneki, both in appearance and demeanor—is being kept alive at Kokuria so the CCG can farm him for quinques. This is all but confirmed, as we know that it’s impossible to repair or upgrade a quinque. Yet we keep getting new versions of Arata’s quinque, and half the CCG seems to have a copy.
- The CCG have a much greater incentive to keep Kaneki alive as a source of quinques than they do to simply kill him off and give one to Arima. They’ve lost a lot in the Anteiku raid, and Kaneki’s kagune is the only thing they’ve encountered that can even crack IXA. Amon even says himself that after what Kaneki did, he’s most likely headed for Kokuria.
- As for the document that says he’s been “erased” I don’t believe this means he’s been killed. Note how in the panel above it, the other presumably killed ghoul on the paperwork does not have a big ‘erased’ stamped on their picture. Rather, I think it means they’ve expunged all records related to Kaneki and are basically keeping him top secret.
- Why? Because he’s a walking Ethics-Board nightmare. The CCG higher-ups have at the very least figured out that he was an ordinary human who only turned into a ghoul after Kanou got his hands on him. They want him not only as a powerful resource, but as a science experiment due to his half ghoul nature, but they don’t want to deal with the possible fallout if the rest of the CCG, or heaven forbid the general public, finds out who he really is.
- Amon and Kaneki both promised each other they would somehow live through this, and their frienemy-ship is one of the most important elements of the manga. It’s almost certain at this point that Amon is alive in Aogiri’s clutches, even though the official story is that he’s dead. Likewise, I think that Kaneki is still alive even though certain parties are covering it up. Those two have had plenty of parallels up to this point so why stop now?
- The thing that most convinces me that he’s alive is Touka’s words, which were important enough to end the manga with in three pages of full color. She says she has faith in him, and believes that he will return to both them and Anteiku. (that nuance isn’t apparent in the translation of the last chapter, but if you look at the raws, it says both.)
- In a high res version of the image, you can see the words ‘see you next’ on Touka’s shirt. So much sequel bait…
- Looking at the preceding pages, the CCG implies but does not directly state that Kaneki is dead. The scene with the director and Arima lends itself to both readings: that Kaneki is dead, and that Kaneki’s merely interred at Kokuria.
- the clown gang only heard about it second hand. The CCG is covering up the fact they have Kaneki, so it makes sense that Itori believed there were no prisoners taken after the raid, Kaneki was the big exception and they’re in no hurry to reveal it. Also, while the translation used in the scan says they killed off everyone in Kokuria, apparently that translation isn’t accurate, and it’s more along the lines of ‘the ccg took no prisoners in the anteiku raid.’
- While they say they have the last laugh, it’s quite telling that they only get the second-to-last word in of the manga. The one who symbolically has the final say here is Touka. And she says it more assuredly than them as far as panel composition is concerned
- This whole chapter strikes me as one that is wholly tragic and incomprehensible at first glance, but when you look closely, there’s plenty of hopeful subtext beneath the surface
- Hide’s (probable) sacrifice stops being meaningless if Kaneki is at Kokuria. I saw this theory a couple of weeks ago. Basically, since Kaneki (probably) ate Hide, he regained enough strength to give Arima a run for his money. He’s pretty much the only person who’s managed to scratch Arima and damage Arata. This made it entirely clear to Arima that he was useful enough to keep around. If he’d hobbled in wounded and half-crazy, he likely would have been simply killed and disposed of like the rest.
like, I’m still hoping Hide’s alive and just missing a chunk of his shoulder or an arm or whatever; and that he’s gone off the grid because he knows it’s more of a liability than an asset to stick with the ccg at this point…but I’m not holding my breath.
In fact, part of me hopes that he rescued kaneki and has gone into hiding but that not…very likely
- With that, let’s talk about tarot cards, I’m pretty confident in this aspect of my interpretation
- First off, Touka. She is associated with the high priestess as of chapter 140. This card is all about mystery, wisdom, hidden knowledge, and the power of intuition. In that chapter, it symbolized Touka’s insight into the truth of Kaneki’s condition which he didn’t fully realize until later. As for how it relates to this chapter…
- Touka’s resolute belief that Kaneki is alive is based on her own gut feeling as opposed to the hearsay around her. And, supposing that my theory that Kaneki’s existence has merely been covered up is correct, her knowing that he’s alive would fall under purview of hidden knowledge.
- With regard to Kaneki, while he’s associated with several tarot cards (which I’ll get to in a moment,) the one he’s most associated with is the hanged man. In TG, this card seems to be most associated with letting go of old perspectives and gaining insight and acceptance through sacrifice and suffering. Its iconography is associated with figures like Jesus and Osiris, but especially Odin. All three of these figures died in some sense and were resurrected.
- Odin and Kaneki both have a one-eye/hanged man motif going on, for one thing.
- In Norse mythology, Odin hung himself from Yggdrasil for nine days to gain the wisdom of runes. He pierced himself with a spear and hung upside down gazing into the well of urd in a death-like state before uncovering their wisdom and returning fully to life, more powerful than before. Some verses regard this event as Odin “sacrificing himself to himself”
- and in another myth, he gouged out one of his eyes (remember that fan theory that Kaneki will be blinded after the events of 140? I mean, aside from the literal eye-gouging that occured…) in order to to drink from the well of Urd and gain even more wisdom.
- Kaneki’s situation is like a combination of the above myths. He was stabbed with a spear, his eyes were gouged out, he’s on the edge of life and death, and in chapter 140, he gained wisdom and finally seemed to quell his dissociative tendencies, coming to terms with his past and present self. With all these parallels, it seems fitting that after retreating to the edge of death, Kaneki will come back at some point, in order to complete the parallel. Also the term “sacrificing himself to himself” seems to parallel Kaneki’s situation at least a little bit.
- Furthermore, the site where Odin lost his eye and gained wisdom from was at the well of Urd, which hides underground at the roots of Yggdrasil. A location not unlike a sewer, no?
- Moving on to the other card that’s been showing up lately…
- Temperance. Appearing in volume 14, in V14, and in chapter 140, whose Japanese title, 痕児, can be read as ‘sessei’ or temperance
- This card is about healing and bringing together opposites, I mean, just look at those many optimistic words it’s associated with on the wikipedia page. This is not a ‘kill off your protagonist’ card
- Kaneki, I believe, is going to ‘rest a bit’ in his own words, before eventually waking up and kicking ass in a sane, mentally stable way. Him recovering and coming to terms with himself would make sense with temperance. And that card has certainly gotten a lot of prominence recently
- We also see the chariot show up. I’m starting to feel lazy so I’ll just copy paste the relevant wikipedia quotes:
- "The chariot is one of the most complex cards to define. On its most basic level, it implies war, a struggle, and an eventual, hard-won victory; either over enemies, obstacles, nature, the beasts inside you, or to just get what you want. But there is a great deal more to it. What does this all mean? It means a union of opposites, like the black and white steeds. They pull in different directions, but must be (and can be!) made to go together in one direction.”
- The other card that has shown up frequently in recent chapters in the death card. In spite of its name, it mostly has nothing to do with literal death. It’s all about the embrace of the inevitable, change, and transformation.
- There’s a great post that ties into what I think the death card means here on the bato.to forums here
- Going over some highlights, while Kaneki: the tragic ghoul, who hides his true self, and lives a life outside his control has died, Kaneki: the self-actualized, genuine, non-tragic, half-ghoul half-human is about to be born.
- It is the tragic ghoul who “cannot pass V(volume)14.” Arima did say ‘no ghoul can go any further’ or something along those lines
- But Kaneki is neither ghoul nor human. While one aspect of himself dies at V14, another will rise from the ashes. This also occurs in the story on a meta level. Tokyo Ghoul, as it is now, is a Kafka-esque tragedy, written by the scribbling pens of the clown gang and Takatsuki. It ends here. And yet, the story isn’t finished. Plot threads and character arcs still linger, and it ends on a sequel-bait message of hope delivered by the one character whose words and instincts have the most weight at this point.
- That said, I do think that Kaneki will undergo a serious, permanent, negative change of some sort so as to not get off to lightly, so to speak. I’ve seen blindness and amnesia thrown around as ideas.
- The sequel will likely be an epic instead of a tragedy. Both the main character and the narrative itself have undergone a transformation so thorough that its metaphorical death and rebirth will occur at this juncture. This manga ends, and the story continues in another.
- Also, as the post points out, there’s a sort of dual monologue between Kaneki and Amon going on throughout the chapter. Though I’m not sure myself whether it’s just kaneki speaking, or both of them. Anyway, in the last line, Kaneki questions whether his true salvation could really be found through sleeping/dying and shutting out the world.
- no it won’t u nerd, wake up and join your friends!
- Anyway, I’m not sure how dead he’s supposed to be anyway if he’s monologuing. He certainly sounds a little out of it though. If they treat their prisoners/quinque farms like Kanou treated Rize, then this is probably to be expected.
- Also, I’m not entirely sure on this one, but some people have said they saw a 9 (the hermit) in kaneki’s blood on the last page of 140. It’s symbolism follows the themes lined out thus far quite well. It’s a card that represents retreating into the unconscious, away from society, before coming back out with new found wisdom.
- As I was writing this, users on bato.to noticed a 19 on Touka’s jacket in the color page. This is the sun card (and in the picture she’s bathed in sunlight, no less!)
- It is regarded as the most favorable card in the deck
- "This card is generally considered positive. It is said to reflect happiness and contentment, vitality, self-confidence and success. Sometimes referred to as the best card in Tarot, it represents good things and positive outcomes to current struggles.”
- Touka’s ultimate line of hope is basically backed up by the most powefully positive card in the deck.
- :D. So basically every card that has shown up in the past few chapters has emphasized rebirth, recovery, victory, gaining insight, and all that good jazz.
- The sun card especially fits in with the theory that the next installment of Tokyo Ghoul will not be a tragedy, but a hard won epic.
- They also point out that the suitcase may not contain Kaneki’s kagune. Time will tell, but the visual language seemed to heavily imply it was Kaneki’s. Maybe Arima has a thing for black cases? Another person pointed out that it doesn’t make sense for that suitcase to contain Kaneki since it takes months to convert a powerful kagune into a quinque—Yamori’s took six months to make for example, while this chapter takes place a few days after the raid on anteiku. Who knows, maybe the case is a red herring @_@. But anyway, the possibility that the most tragic and ominous part of the chapter was simply a red herring also fits in with my “this ending is only superficially tragic and is setting up for a comeback” reading. I’m not sure about this point, but it’s worth mentioning.
- Addressing the argument that Kaneki’s out of the picture and there will be a new main character: While I think it’s likely that Touka will be the protagonist of the first chunk of the manga, Kaneki is an iconic, dynamic, and extremely interesting character. His unique situation puts him at the center of the numerous subplots that the manga weaves. It also makes him the only possible savior of the two sides, since Eto is pretty, errr… muderous, and the twins are too busy being emotionless and amoral to care about the conflict. He’s pretty thoroughly impossible to replace. Amon’s cool, but he’s not nearly as interesting or perceptive as Kaneki. He makes for a good deuteragonist, but not so much a protagonist, imo.
- Also, didn’t Yoshimura task Kaneki with saving his child? He still needs to do that. He also needs to talk with Amon.
- So yeah, on a symbolic level, on a metatextual level, on plot level, it makes the most sense that Kaneki is alive, and that he will be a saner and more mature person in the future.
- also this:
- So, if Ishida not fucking with us (haha mighty big if, right?) then there is a way out for Kaneki from his tragic story.
- This is entering the realm of ruti’s speculative wish fulfillment. I really want Touka to lead the charge of rescuing her dad and Kaneki from Kokuria. She’s got two very important people trapped in there, and she’s the only one who still has faith that Kaneki’s alive. And after being out of focus the past god knows how many chapters, she deserves some time in the lime light.
- Also, it would provide the perfect opportunity for Ayato to get over himself and for the two reconcile as they embark on dadquest
- for Touka, it would be both dadquest and baequest
- Also, in this sweet dream of mine, Hide is alive and helps out too
- he can be mission control.
- For the last bit, let’s talk about parallels. Over the course of the story Kaneki has been paralleled with three characters who were/are assumed to be dead, but were actually held by the CCG or Kanou and experimented on. That would be Rize, Arata, and now, Amon.
Alright, in conclusion. While the manga implies Kaneki’s death at first glance—this first installation is a tragedy after all—it doesn’t truly confirm it and instead sets up for a more optimistic sequel. We still need payoff on the whole “Kaneki can be the bridge between two worlds” thing. All the tarot cards used in recent chapters have foreshadowed not Kaneki’s downfall, but his transformation into a better person and eventual return. Kaneki is most associated with the card whose iconography is filled with people who endure a ‘death’ of some kind before returning stronger than ever.
While most characters are assuming he’s dead, the final statement of the manga is delivered by the person whose tarot cards represent hidden wisdom, and the potential for boundless success. And she says with defiance and assurance that he will return, that she believes in him, and that even if he’s lost now, he will find his way back to them. Amon almost certainly isn’t dead, and I think that means Kaneki, his counterpart, is in similar situation: alive, in bad shape, and in the clutches of people who are telling everyone else that they’re dead. Also, there is a non-zero chance that the black case, the most cruel and saddening part of this chapter, is a red herring.
It seems to me that while the tragedy has ended, the story continues, and there’s room for hope.
젠장 (jen-jang) : Shit, damn it
미친년 (mee-cheen-nyun) : Crazy bitch
걸레같은 년 (gul-leh-gat-eun-nyun) : Slut, whore
꺼저 (gguh-juh) : Get the hell out, fuck off
씨발 (shi-bal) : Fuck
병신 (byung-shin) : Dumbass, retard
엿먹어 (yut-mugguh) : Fuck you
미친놈 (mee-cheen-nom) : Crazy bastard
씹새끼 (shib-seh-ggi) : Piece of shit, bitch, fucker
지랄 (ji-ral) : Bullshit
Anonymous said: do u know where i can buy the stardium shirts or the sweatshirts that exo wore during the dubstep live, doesnt have to be real, replicas are okay, and like where i can buy replicas of the clothes they wore like the boy london shirts or the commesdesfuckdown shirts or the hoodie that has something like "piss on ur face" written on the back LOL sehun wore that hoodie during the karaoke episode in exo showtime
Okay so there is a few places you can buy the stardium shirts. Also want to say that their are certain member t-shirts and sizes that aren’t available just so you are aware.
Gayo Daejun Sweaters a.k.a the Exo Live Dupstep
- Ebay- link! (black sweaters) , link! (white sweaters)
- Amazon- link! (black sweaters), link! (white sweaters)
The rest I will just link to what you mentioned:
- Boy London Shirts- Ebay! also here is a post showing what boy london clothes exo has worn and where you can possibly buy them.
- Commedesfuckdown Shirts- link, link (cheaper), link (different styles for women).
- I’ve Never Wanted to Piss on Someone’s face more than I want to Piss on Yours- link. (DON’T BUY THIS, PLS!)
Also I want to say if you guys are ever curious about what EXO is wearing and where you can possibly purchase it, theexostyle blog is super helpful! They show you pictures and their tags are super organized! So here’s a link to their tag page, so you can filter out what you may be looking for! Hope this helps anon!